This Easter think Hot Buns. Not hot cross buns.
Easter is coming, we all know this means mountains of chocolates, hot cross buns dripping in butter, and family dinners that leave you unbuttoning your pants.
But this Easter could be different! You don’t have to wear your fat pants this year, instead you could be one step closer to those ‘bitches be jealous skinny jeans’!
1) Pot of carrots anyone?
Fill small bowls inside with Hummus or salsa.
Stick baby carrots in
Prick a small hole in the top to insert the parsley
There you go a very low cal snack, that will also impress the pants off your friends and family!
2) Eggs…real eggs. Oh protein get in my belly.
1) Make deviled eggs – and add a bit of carrot for the beak
2) Display in an egg carton for novelty factor
3) To make it lower in fat do the following:
Use 2/3 of the yolk (The yolks have most of the calories and fat in eggs. One yolk has 5 grams of fat and 54 calories, compared with only 16 calories and no fat in an egg white.) Instead, use nonfat cottage cheese to stand in for some of the yolks—it keeps the filling velvety and rich while reducing some of the fat
Instead Of Regular Mayo Choose Low-Fat. It has 15 calories per tablespoon and 1 gram of fat. It really is a miracle in creating a velvety filling.
Egg prawn cocktails?
3) Japanese Rice balls. Cause everyone loves a good set of balls.
(Use sesame seeds for the eyes, seaweed for the waist band)
4) Bunch of eatable Tulips for the table?
Tomatoes stuffed with cottage cheese on chives – not really Easter themed but super cool.
So…what’s in it? – 13 large cherry tomatoes – 14 stalks of chives – 200g cottage cheese – 1 cucumber – ½ teaspoon dried basil – salt – pepper.
5) And then there’s fruit…
6) Yogurt Berry Popsicle Eggs
For further instructions go to this website: playeatgrow.com
7) Other quirky food and decoration ideas, to distract you from the fact your on a healthy diet…